Social, moral, emotional and cultural development at Trinity Academy
"Not everything that counts can be counted" Albert Einstein
At Trinity Academy, we recognise that the personal development of our students plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve their full potential. As such, the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) enrichment of our students is at the heart of the school’s ethos, as is the promotion of British values.
We believe that our students cannot and will not learn effectively unless
- they are happy and secure;
• their individuality is respected;
• their differences are celebrated;
• their difficulties are understood;
• their interests are extended;
• their talents are developed.
For this reason the SMSC development of our students is as important as their academic development. We aim to provide an education that provides students with opportunities ‘shine’ in any way they can and enables them to explore and develop their own:
- values and beliefs;
• spiritual awareness;
• personal behaviour;
• positive and caring attitude towards others;
• understanding of their social and cultural roots;
• an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures.